Today, the hairspray technique wil be discussed.
It's been a long time I wanted to try this technique. The Iranian M38 appears a good opportunity due to its "used look".
After airbrushing a grey primer, I applied the original us army green paint using the zenithal illumination way (the upper areas are lightened and the bottom one are darkened)
(the 106 RR gun receives a coat of satin black)
I sprayed a coat of hairspray. Actually I applied two coats on the parts that I wanted more damaged.
I let it dry for 10 minutes before airbrushing the desert yellow colors (I used 3 shades of yellow).
Another dry time of 10 minutes.
I removed this yellow color by using a lot of water and a small dedicated paint brush.
I noticed that the vallejo paint makes largest chips and is easier to remove than the tamiya paint.
And the more the parts receive hairspray, the easier the paint can be removed.
A coat of Klir is applied to stop the removing process.
Have a nice day.